NH3 is Environmentally Friendly and Safe
NH3 has an extensive, proven record of acceptably safe use. In addition, two independent studies have shown that NH3 would be safer than propane and as safe as gasoline when used as a transportation fuel. There are many misconceptions surrounding the safety of NH3 and providing credible, factual data on this topic is very important.
• Zero carbon, no resultant Greenhouse Gases (GHG) on combustion
• NOx is easily neutralized (NH3 is used as the active chemical reactant in NOx reduction, and CO2 and SO2 capture)
• If released in an accident NH3 is very difficult to ignite, is lighter than air (dissipates upwards), and its odor alerts
• NH3 is not a Greenhouse Gas (GHG)
• Will not damage the ozone layer