Senior Environmental Scientist, Fuels and Lubricants Laboratory, Division of Measurement Standards, California Department of Food & Agriculture
11th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, September 23, 2014
A presentation on the steps needed to start the process of developing an ASTM specification for Ammonia when used as a motor vehicle fuel.
- What does standard consist of? Minimum quality, harmful contaminants, storage, handling, and safety concerns.
- The need to indentify or develop standardized test methods.
- The need for participation by producers (production & distribution), users (OEM’s), general interest groups (government, testing labs), and consumers (fleet owners).
- Appropriate committee: ASTM, SAE or ISO.
- Timeframe and hurdles.
- Volunteers to form an exploratory committee.
- Plans to update the group at the 2015 NH3 Fuel Conference.
Download this presentation [PDF 430KB]
Related NH3 Fuel Conference Presentations
2013: Ammonia as a Motor Vehicle Engine Fuel from a Weights and Measures Perspective
Division of Measurement Standards, California Department of Food & Agriculture
Browse other papers from the 2014 NH3 Fuel Conference